In Data Breaches: Know Your Rights, we explore how a typical consumer may respond to such a notification. The film is the fifth in a six-part YouTube series on important privacy topics.
In the 4-minute film, Mr. Jackson is alarmed and confused when he receives a letter from his bank notifying him that an employee's laptop was stolen. The laptop contained customer data including his Social Security number and other personally identifiable information. His adult son, Luke, turns to PRC's website to find out what to do. Watch the video to see what happens.If you like it, we hope you will share it with friends and family.
Know Your Rights.
- PRC’s Fact Sheet 17b: How to Deal with a Security Breach 
- PRC's Chronology of Data Breaches 
- PRC's FAQ About the Chronology of Data Breaches 
- Consumers Union's Guide to Security Freeze Protection 
- Federal Trade Commission's microsite on Free Annual Credit Reports  
- PRC's Fact Sheet 33: Identity Theft Monitoring Services