We live in a country where there is
- no comprehensive right to privacy
- little trust in those who collect, share and use our data
- lack of power to protect our privacy
We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to be informed and be heard.
As a nonprofit organization protecting privacy for all by empowering individuals and advocating for positive change, we have focused exclusively on consumer privacy rights and issues since 1992. We strive to provide clarity on complex topics by publishing extensive educational materials and directly answering people’s questions. We also amplify the public’s voice—often underrepresented in policy discussions—in our work championing strong privacy protections.
Over the years, our organization and staff have been recognized for our work.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation Pioneer Award
- Brandeis Award (Privacy International)
- Albin Gruhn Consumer Warrior Award (Consumer Federation of California)
- Esther Peterson Consumer Service Award (Consumer Federation of California)
- U.S. Privacy Champion Award (Electronic Privacy Information Center)
- Foundation for Improvement of Justice Award for Work with Identity Theft Victims
- Consumer Action Award for Service to Consumers
Learn More About Us
For general information, please send us a message.
For press inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (619) 298-3396.