Legal intern roles will vary depending on our current priorities, but an intern can expect to do such things as
- research and write memos
- provide legislative analysis
- draft regulatory comments
- draft educational materials for our website
- provide case law analysis
- create state law guides
- help draft testimony and presentations for staff
- respond to and research inquiries we receive from individual consumers
- help staff plan privacy law conferences and meetings
- assist in the creation of social media content
Law students of all levels with strong research and writing skills are encouraged to apply. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated deep interest in data privacy issues and consumer education. We also prefer candidates who understand emerging technologies and the relevant public policy issues surrounding them. The following coursework is preferred (not required)
- Administrative Law
- Privacy Law
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in data privacy to email@example.com
Marketing and Communications Interns
Marketing and communications interns work our team to create, develop and execute the organization’s communications strategy and can expect to
- plan and create strategic calendars
- research and draft content
- draft and post content to social media channels
- collect and analyze data
Interns will gain firsthand experience and can expect to
- increase their understanding of the nonprofit space
- improve their writing, research and critical thinking skills
Undergraduate and graduate students of all levels are encouraged to apply. Ideal candidates will have
- ability to work well both independently and collaboratively
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- strong knowledge of the digital media landscape
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Education Interns
Consumer education intern roles will vary depending on our current priorities, but an intern can expect to do such things as
- engage in outreach to help determine consumer education needs
- monitor privacy-related news stories and provide overviews to keep team informed
- research and write educational materials to help people understand their privacy rights and choices
- assist with executing communications strategy
Interns will gain firsthand experience at a nonprofit and should expect to
- gain knowledge of the major privacy issues facing American consumers
- improve writing, research and critical thinking skills
Undergraduate and graduate students of all levels are encouraged to apply. Ideal candidates will have interest in data privacy, consumer protection, consumer education and nonprofits. Excellent writing and research skills are required.
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in data privacy and our work to email@example.com.
- Spring: September 15 - November 15
- Summer: November 15 - January 31
- Fall: April 15 - June 15
We accept applications on a rolling basis, evaluating applications as they are received. You are encouraged to apply early and reapply if you do not hear back from us or are not selected for a particular semester.
We only accept students for internship positions and prefer interns who are able to commit to at least 20 hours per week for at least 6 weeks. All internships and volunteer roles are currently remote.
We are unable to provide paid internships or stipends in most situations. We are able to work with students who have work study grants and pro bono or volunteer hour requirements.
We cannot sponsor work visas at this time.